Thursday, September 8, 2011

Los Angeles

Los Angeles

I didn’t do much the first night in L.A.  I was feeling a bit rough from the previous night, and I wanted to have a full day of exploring the next day, as I only had the one day with my flight the next evening.  I woke up in the morning and decided the best way to see L.A. in my limited amount of time was to get an open top bus tour, how wrong I was.  Public transport in L.A. is diabolical, everybody drives cars, and because of this I spent most of my time in traffic.  I had a short stop at Venice beach where I hired a bike and had a wee cycle round.  I then went to the bus stop to wait for my return the bus.  The bus was 45 minutes late, and it broke down halfway.  We had to wait ages for another bus and the traffic was horrendous, I was getting rather concerned that I might miss my flight to Sydney.  I made it back in time, but I didn’t really enjoy L.A.  Seeing the Hollywood sign was cool, but apart from that I was really that impressed.  It’s a bit of a sprawling mass, with incredibly expensive shops, restaurants and nightclubs dubbed as highlights.  Not bad if you’ve got armfuls of cash.  The audio commentary on the bus kept mentioning best places to get off if you want to go celebrity spotting which definitely is not my cup of tea.  In fact there’s a milkshake café that has celebrity GPS.  An awful idea where a few celebrities carry a GPS device, and if you’re sad enough, can follow them around/stalk them.  I was kind of glad when I arrived at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment